Thursday, March 09, 2006

My First Record


Wow, this is so cool... Back in 1963 my mom wrote to Wrigley's Gum folks to share with them how much her young son loved to dance, jump and sing every time their jingle came on the radio or television.  The above letter is their response. So, if I did the math right that means I weasled my first record, a free promo, when I was just 18 months old... Sweet!

Thanks Mom and thanks Wrigley's! Dang, this really explains so much... Dig it: Hi Ho Hey Hey!

Miguel

2 comments:

Joe Barfield said...

Too funny. THat DOES explaing quite a bit. The first record I bought was Pink Floyd The Wall in 1979. I was 9 or 10.

It freaked me out, so I took it back to the Rocky Mountain Records and Tapes the next day for a refund. I didn't even bother to rip it onto a disk...

Anonymous said...

As the youngest of five kids there were already a bunch of records around, but the first one I bought with my own money was Queen II.

-Mr. X