Let's go to Taco Town!
Thursday, July 13, 2006
Tuesday, July 11, 2006
Warning: Adult Mix Not Intended For Children.
It's summer and it's pretty dang hot down here in San Antonio. Here's a mix of some of this summer's official Tiki Room vibes. It's a nice driving compilation as well as a cool little soundtrack for any of your pre or post game nocturnal summer activities.
1) Where Is My Mind?: Pixies
2) ©SharkThang Tag TBR HMK
3) Beaver Shot: Link Protrudi & The Jaymen
4) Ob-la-di, ob-la-da: Los Norte Americanos
5) Necessito: Some Girls
6) Watermelon Man: Mongo Santamaria
7) That's Nice: Alan Moorhouse
8) Dance Naked Under Palmtrees: Mo' Horizons
9) La Fille La Plus Douce Du Monde: Les Très Bien Ensemble
10) Strip Polka: The Andrews Sisters
11) Pussy: Brazilian Girls
12) Fuck Dub: Tosca
13) Stupid Girl: The Rolling Stones
14) HotLove: Buttercup
15) Butter Of 69: Butter 08
16) He's The Devil But I Love Him So: The Hells
17) Too Drunk To Fuck: Nouvelle Vague
18) Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo: Bloodhound Gang
19) Seduce Me: Gerd
20) ©Totally Bitchin'! Tag: TBR HMK
21) Shallow End: Superchunk
22) Untamed Girls: The Raveonettes
23) Girls Room: Liz Phair
24) Summer Nite: Plasmatics
25) Martini 5-0: The Cocktail Preachers
26) Back 2 The Tiki Room: Tiki Bongo
27) That Summer: Where The Action Is
28) Friday Night, Saturday Morning: The Specials
And as always, comments are always welcome via the handy comments section below.
If you don't have a copy - send my PayPal (email@example.com) account 3 Bux for shipping and I'll send you a Hot & Sticky Summer 2006 plus some other fun audio!
I'm PayPal Verified
Make it louder,
Posted by HMK at 9:51 PM
LONDON, England (CNN) Syd Barrett, the eccentric guitarist who founded Pink Floyd but later left the music business to live quietly and somewhat reclusively, has died at the age of 60, according to a spokeswoman for the band.
A spokeswoman for Pink Floyd told the Press Association: "He died very peacefully a couple of days ago. There will be a private family funeral."
The singer and guitarist, born Roger Keith Barrett on January 6, 1946, founded the band in 1965 with Roger Waters, Nick Mason and Richard Wright. (Its name was derived from two American bluesmen, Pink Anderson and Floyd Council.)
He wrote many of the early hits for the avant-garde rock band, including the 1967 album "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn" and the band's first hit singles, "Arnold Layne" and "See Emily Play."
His songs were odd and charming combinations of childlike lyrics and swirling melodies, often augmented with strange arrangements. The titles alluded to space, the occult and sometimes nonsense: "Astronomy Domine," "Lucifer Sam," "Chapter 24."
Consider some lyrics of "Bike," from "Piper": "I know a mouse, and he hasn't got a house / I don't know why, I call him Gerald / He's getting rather old, but he's a good mouse."
Pink Floyd, taken under the wing of Beatles engineer Norman Smith, had early success, but Barrett, suffering from mental problems and heavy drug use, started demonstrating erratic behavior, including catatonia during concerts. He left the band in 1968. He was replaced by David Gilmour, who had joined the band as its fifth member earlier that year.
Barrett put out two noted solo albums, "The Madcap Laughs" and "Barrett," both in 1970.
In 1975, during the recording of Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" album, Barrett showed up unannounced at the studio -- ironically, during the recording of "Shine On You Crazy Diamond," a song about him. He had become overweight and shaved his eyebrows; the other members didn't recognize him at first.
"Wish You Were Here" was dedicated to Barrett.
Much of British psychedelic music was influenced by Barrett, and a number of musicians have credited him, according to Allmusic.com.
Barrett had since lived in anonymity in the eastern English city of Cambridge. According to The Associated Press, he suffered from diabetes.
The spokeswoman said a low-key, private funeral would be held. She did not disclose the cause of death.
Dang Syd, Wish You Were Here.
Posted by HMK at 8:06 AM
Monday, July 10, 2006
1) Pictures Of Summer (Die Sexuellen Wünsche Der Deutschen): Jack Arel & Pierre Dutour from Birds Do It Soundtrack 1968
2)Glove Is In The Air: Hess Is More from Luftkastellet 3 2005
3) Sun Stroke: The Bambi Molesters from Dumb Loud Hollow Twang 1997
4) Hot Sun: Joe King Carrasco Y Los Crowned Heads Of Tex Mex from Hot Sun 1999
5) Indian Summer: The Outsiders from Outsider On The Run 2003
6) San Antonio: Willie Nelson from Texas In My Soul 1968
7) Nearly Sunrise The Fireballs from Fireballs 1961
8) La Fille La Plus Douce Du Monde: Les Très Bien Ensemble from Verano Del 99 Compilation 1999
9) Long Haired Country Boy: David Allen Coe from Long Haired Country Boy 1974
10) Strip Polka: The Andrews Sisters from The Best of the Andrews Sisters 1942
11) Back 2 The Tiki Room: Tiki Bongo from Unreleased Tiki Tracks 2005
12) Staring At The Sun: The Fall-Outs from Summertime 2004
13) Alcoholic: The Tah Dahs from Le Fun 2005
14) Summertime: Link Protrudi & The Jaymen from Slow Grind 1992
15) Summer Nite: Plasmatics from Beyond the Valley of 1984 1981
16) Who Needs You: Queen from News Of The World 1977
17) Jolene on the Freeway: Kostars from Klassics with a "K" 1996
18) Dimineata: Shantel from Luftkastellet 3 2005
19) Lady Madonna: Cal Tjader from Cal Tjader Plugs In Live! 1969
20) Good Day Sunshine: The Beatles from Revolver 1966
21) Send Me Nicky: George Duningfrom Cocktail Mix Vol.4 Soundtracks With a Twist! 1958
22) Jump: Aztec Camera from Knife 1984
23) (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction: Michelle Simonal from Bossa Stones 2005
24) Rockaway Beach: Ramones from Rocket To Russia 1977
25) I Live For The Sun: The Surf Punks from My Beach 1977
Posted by HMK at 9:01 AM
Looking for just the right music to make your spot or movie truly as impactful as it can possibly be?
What about hosting your band's music with some folks that can get you maximum exposure and maybe even use your music in the next killer Mentos commercial?
Founded in 2001, Pump Audio is a new kind of agent for independent musicians, digitally connecting them with buyers in the mainstream media. With Pump Audio, artists can license their music into productions without giving up any ownership, while TV and advertising producers can discover new music ready for use. With a growing catalog of tens of thousands of songs, all by independent artists from around the world, customers access music through Pump’s innovative search software and delivery device, the PumpBox™. Pump Audio is based in New York's Hudson Valley.
What are you waiting for?
Check out Pump Audio and make it happen!
Posted by HMK at 7:55 AM